- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Flora Grange benefit breakfast Sunday, Jan. 20
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Members of Flora Grange No. 1762 will be serving a buffet-style breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m., Sunday, Jan. 20, at the Belvidere Moose Lodge at 575 Beloit Road.
The buffet is $7 for adults and children younger than 12, $3. Carry-outs are available. The breakfast will include scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, toast, juices, milk and coffee.
Net proceeds will go toward Flora Grange’s community service projects including Dictionaries for 3rd Graders, donations to the area food banks, and Safety Town Day Camp. The public is also encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to the Salvation Army.
Flora Grange is a local chapter of the National Grange, a family, community-service organization with its roots in agriculture. For more information about the breakfast or joining Flora Grange, call (815) 262-7793.
Posted Jan. 16, 2013