- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Flora Grange benefit breakfast Sunday, Jan. 20
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Members of Flora Grange No. 1762 will be serving a buffet-style breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m., Sunday, Jan. 20, at the Belvidere Moose Lodge at 575 Beloit Road.
The buffet is $7 for adults and children younger than 12, $3. Carry-outs are available. The breakfast will include scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, toast, juices, milk and coffee.
Net proceeds will go toward Flora Grange’s community service projects including Dictionaries for 3rd Graders, donations to the area food banks, and Safety Town Day Camp. The public is also encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to the Salvation Army.
Flora Grange is a local chapter of the National Grange, a family, community-service organization with its roots in agriculture. For more information about the breakfast or joining Flora Grange, call (815) 262-7793.
Posted Jan. 16, 2013