- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
IceHogs to raise funds for breast cancer Jan. 19
The Rockford IceHogs have teamed up with the American Cancer Society for the fourth annual Pink in the Rink fund-raiser for breast cancer. The game is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19.
The first 5,000 fans into the building will receive an IceHogs pink rally towel courtesy of Dickerson & Nieman Realtors, Ferrellgas, Metropolitan Title Agency and Rasmussen College.
The IceHogs will donate $5 for every ticket purchased for the game by phone at (815) 847-6387 as well as the proceeds of an auction of the specially-designed pink jerseys they will wear that evening.
All funds will go to support Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in the Rockford region. Tickets must be ordered no later than Wednesday, Jan. 16.
The American Cancer Society combines an unyielding passion with nearly a century of experience to save lives and end cancer for good. As a global grassroots force of 3 million volunteers, the organization fights for every birthday threatened by every cancer in every community.
As the nation’s largest non-governmental investor in cancer research, contributing more than $3.8 billion, the organization turns what it knows about cancer into what it does. As a result, more than 11 million people in America who have had cancer and countless more who have avoided it will be celebrating birthdays this year.
To learn more about the American Cancer Society, call 1-800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org.
From the Jan. 16-22, 2013, issue