- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Rockford-area Catholic women honored for service
Sunday, Jan. 27, the Rockford Deanery Council of Catholic Women will hold its 21st Annual Woman of the Year Banquet at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. This dinner honors women who have been selected by their parishes for outstanding long-term service.
Eighteen women from the Rockford Deanery will be honored this year. They are as follow: St. James, Belvidere: Carmen Ocon; St. Mary, Byron: Teresa Richter; St. Mary/St. Patrick, Durand/Irish Grove: Sheila Janisch; St. Bridget, Loves Park: Margaret Malachowski; St. Mary, Pecatonica: Sharon Henderson; Holy Family, Rockford: Patrice Vecchio; St. Anthony of Padua, Rockford: Angelene “Angie” Germano; St. Bernadette, Rockford: Marianne Musso; St. Edward, Rockford: Louise Canciamille; St. James, Rockford: Angelina “Angie” Cash; St. Mary’s Oratory, Rockford: Susan Paulsen; St. Patrick, Rockford: Yolanda Maldonado; Cathedral of St. Peter, Rockford: Barbara Lundin; SS Peter and Paul, Rockford: Lidia Garcia; St. Rita, Rockford: Brenda Battista; St. Stanislaus Kostka, Rockford: Grace Sapron; Church of the Holy Spirit, Roscoe: Toni Cermak; and St. Peter, South Beloit: Diane Belcher.
A social hour will begin at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend. Cost of the meal is $35 per person. Dinner choices are: Broiled Orange Roughy and Petite Filet Mignon or Vegetarian Lasagna. The children’s selection is Chicken Fingers and Fries for $15 per child (ages 4-10). Reservations can be made at each parish or by calling Angie Kelly at (815) 964-4284 by Jan. 16. Dinner guests will be seated by parish; no later reservations will be taken.
From the Jan. 16-22, 2013, issue