- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District 72nd Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon
The Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) is an organization that promotes the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related resources.
Friday, Jan. 25, the SWCD will host its 72nd Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon at the Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with lunch served at noon catered by Logli Classic Catering on State Street. Following the meal, a short meeting will be held with an election of three directors as well as an awards ceremony. The SWCD will highlight the past year’s accomplishments, recognize and present awards to deserving groups or individuals.
There will also be a silent auction to help raise funds to support the District Scholarship Fund. Additional proceeds will go to the Northeastern Illinois Envirothon. The district is a co-sponsor of the Envirothon Competition, where teams from local high schools test their knowledge in five categories: soils, aquatics, forestry, wildlife and a current environmental issue that changes every year.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from SWCD directors, at the SWCD office at 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford, or purchased the day of the meeting by calling and reserving your place by Thursday, Jan. 18. For more information, call (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
From the Jan. 16-22, 2013, issue