- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District 72nd Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon
The Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) is an organization that promotes the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related resources.
Friday, Jan. 25, the SWCD will host its 72nd Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon at the Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with lunch served at noon catered by Logli Classic Catering on State Street. Following the meal, a short meeting will be held with an election of three directors as well as an awards ceremony. The SWCD will highlight the past year’s accomplishments, recognize and present awards to deserving groups or individuals.
There will also be a silent auction to help raise funds to support the District Scholarship Fund. Additional proceeds will go to the Northeastern Illinois Envirothon. The district is a co-sponsor of the Envirothon Competition, where teams from local high schools test their knowledge in five categories: soils, aquatics, forestry, wildlife and a current environmental issue that changes every year.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from SWCD directors, at the SWCD office at 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford, or purchased the day of the meeting by calling and reserving your place by Thursday, Jan. 18. For more information, call (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
From the Jan. 16-22, 2013, issue