- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District 72nd Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon
The Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) is an organization that promotes the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related resources.
Friday, Jan. 25, the SWCD will host its 72nd Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon at the Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with lunch served at noon catered by Logli Classic Catering on State Street. Following the meal, a short meeting will be held with an election of three directors as well as an awards ceremony. The SWCD will highlight the past year’s accomplishments, recognize and present awards to deserving groups or individuals.
There will also be a silent auction to help raise funds to support the District Scholarship Fund. Additional proceeds will go to the Northeastern Illinois Envirothon. The district is a co-sponsor of the Envirothon Competition, where teams from local high schools test their knowledge in five categories: soils, aquatics, forestry, wildlife and a current environmental issue that changes every year.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from SWCD directors, at the SWCD office at 4833 Owen Center Road in Rockford, or purchased the day of the meeting by calling and reserving your place by Thursday, Jan. 18. For more information, call (815) 965-2392, ext. 3.
From the Jan. 16-22, 2013, issue