- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Kinzinger announces appointments, open house Jan. 19 in Ottawa
Online Staff Report
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., a Major in the Air National Guard, issued the following statement after being tapped to serve on the Subcommittees on Middle East and North Africa; and Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade on the House Foreign Affairs Committee:
“As a military veteran of the War on Terror, I look forward to engaging in serious discussions involving the Middle East and North Africa, as well as working to eliminate the threat of international terrorism. I am honored to have the opportunity to join my colleagues on the Foreign Affairs Committee to ensure that American leadership continues to be the beacon of freedom we have grown to expect.”
In addition to the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Kinzinger has been re-appointed to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, where he serves on the Subcommittees on Energy and Power; Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade; and Communications and Technology Subcommittees. Kinzinger will also remain a Republican Deputy Whip.
Kinzinger, who represents the Rockford area, will hold a public open house from 1 to 2:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, at his 16th Congressional District Office, 628 Columbus St., Suite 507, Ottawa, Ill.
Posted Jan. 17, 2013