- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Kinzinger announces appointments, open house Jan. 19 in Ottawa
Online Staff Report
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., a Major in the Air National Guard, issued the following statement after being tapped to serve on the Subcommittees on Middle East and North Africa; and Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade on the House Foreign Affairs Committee:
“As a military veteran of the War on Terror, I look forward to engaging in serious discussions involving the Middle East and North Africa, as well as working to eliminate the threat of international terrorism. I am honored to have the opportunity to join my colleagues on the Foreign Affairs Committee to ensure that American leadership continues to be the beacon of freedom we have grown to expect.”
In addition to the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Kinzinger has been re-appointed to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, where he serves on the Subcommittees on Energy and Power; Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade; and Communications and Technology Subcommittees. Kinzinger will also remain a Republican Deputy Whip.
Kinzinger, who represents the Rockford area, will hold a public open house from 1 to 2:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, at his 16th Congressional District Office, 628 Columbus St., Suite 507, Ottawa, Ill.
Posted Jan. 17, 2013