- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Kinzinger announces appointments, open house Jan. 19 in Ottawa
Online Staff Report
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., a Major in the Air National Guard, issued the following statement after being tapped to serve on the Subcommittees on Middle East and North Africa; and Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade on the House Foreign Affairs Committee:
“As a military veteran of the War on Terror, I look forward to engaging in serious discussions involving the Middle East and North Africa, as well as working to eliminate the threat of international terrorism. I am honored to have the opportunity to join my colleagues on the Foreign Affairs Committee to ensure that American leadership continues to be the beacon of freedom we have grown to expect.”
In addition to the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Kinzinger has been re-appointed to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, where he serves on the Subcommittees on Energy and Power; Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade; and Communications and Technology Subcommittees. Kinzinger will also remain a Republican Deputy Whip.
Kinzinger, who represents the Rockford area, will hold a public open house from 1 to 2:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, at his 16th Congressional District Office, 628 Columbus St., Suite 507, Ottawa, Ill.
Posted Jan. 17, 2013