Rockford home damaged after improperly placed fireplace embers cause fire
Online Staff Report
A home at 1911 Jonathan Ave., Rockford, sustained $5,000 in damage following a fire at the home at around 2 p.m., Monday, Jan. 21.
Two fire engines, 20 firefighters and one ambulance were called to the scene. Response time was 2 minutes.
Upon arrival, the fire company saw light smoke coming from the rear of the home. They pulled an inch-and-a-half line to the rear of the home, and extinguished the garbage fire, which had extended to the outside of the home. The fire was contained to the outside of the home only, and there were no injuries.
Cause of the fire is believed to be improperly placed embers from a fireplace.
Posted Jan. 22, 2013
Print This Article