- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Area gymnasts fare well in Grayslake competition
ROSCOE, Ill. — Roscoe’s Kids Spot gymnastics team recently traveled to Grayslake, Ill., to compete in the USA Gymnastic Island Adventure Competition.
In the 9-year-old Level 5 age group, Madison Johnstone of Roscoe, Ill., got first on uneven bars with a 9.2, fourth place on beam and fourth place overall.
In the 10-year-old age group, Carly Houck of Beloit, Wis., placed third on uneven bars.
In the 11-year-old age group, Jada Cooper of Loves Park, Ill., placed first overall on balance beam with a 9.2, and fourth on floor.
In the 12-year-old age group, Kylie Beeler of South Beloit, Ill., placed second on bars and third on floor, making her fouth overall.
Competing in Level 6, 13-year-old Olivia Cimino of Roscoe, Ill., won first place on uneven bars and vault, third place on floor, which helped her to a first-place finish overall.
In Level 7, Kealiyah Grigsby of Rockford placed first on uneven bars (8.775), second on vault (9.4), second on balance
beam(9.0) and third place overall. Abbey Green of Machesney Park, Ill., placed second on floor (9.25), second on balance beam (9.0) and fourth overall in the same age division.
Kids Spot Gymnastics is coached by Ginelle Galub and Andrea Boone.
“I couldn’t ask for a better way to kick off the season,” Galub said.
“It is nice to see all the hard work we put in weekly at the gym pays off for the athletes,” Boone added.
For more about Kids Spot, call (815) 623-5437 or visit the gym at 9461 N. Second St., Roscoe, Ill.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue