- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Become a CASA volunteer
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk due to abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Clerk
CASA Vice President
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue