- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Become a CASA volunteer
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk due to abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Clerk
CASA Vice President
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue