- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Become a CASA volunteer
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk due to abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Clerk
CASA Vice President
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue