- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Beloit Film Fest in search of volunteers
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — The 2013 Beloit International Film Festival (BIFF) runs on volunteers — hundreds of them. Each year, it is one of the great volunteer turnouts in the community attracting more than 300 people. It is what visitors talk about when they attend, and what they remember when they leave.
The search for BIFF Ambassadors is under way. More venues are participating than in the past, and they are in Beloit, Wis., as well as in Janesville, Wis., and Rockford. The need is greater than ever.
In the coming weeks, there will be two opportunities to sign up for times and responsibilities as BIFF Ambassadors. Sign-ups will be on Saturday mornings, Jan. 26, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Feb. 2, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Bushel & Peck’s Local Market at 328 State St. in downtown Beloit, Wis.
Whether your interest is for service as a Venue Ambassador, or providing film technical support or at the box office Feb. 14-17, you can sign up for any jobs and time slots during these sessions. Volunteers will receive four passes to films.
During those signup periods, BIFF Ambassadors will also have a chance to attend special preview showings of some of the hottest new films on the schedule this year.
Once signed up, volunteers will need to attend one of the volunteer training programs that are scheduled — 1-2 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 2, and 7-8 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 5. Both one-hour sessions will give a good overview of how to staff your venue and what to expect as a volunteer.
For more information, including “job descriptions,” visit the BIFF website at http://bit.ly/BIFF_Vol.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013