- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Blood replenishment drive Jan. 24 for Oregon, Ill., burn victims
OREGON, Ill. — A blood replenishment drive in honor of Thomas Jones and Chelsea Janssen will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 24, at VFW Post 8739, 1310 W. Washington St., Oregon, Ill.
Oregon firefighter Jones and his fiancée Janssen were involved in an incident leaving them both with severe burns. Friends of the couple are hosting a blood drive to replace the blood products that have been used to treat them.
Oregon Fire Protection District and Oregon Fire Fighters Association are co-hosts of the drive, organized by the Rock River Valley Blood Center. This is the last of several replenishment drives.
For more information, contact Jerry Frana at (815) 652-4206.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue