- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Blood replenishment drive Jan. 24 for Oregon, Ill., burn victims
OREGON, Ill. — A blood replenishment drive in honor of Thomas Jones and Chelsea Janssen will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 24, at VFW Post 8739, 1310 W. Washington St., Oregon, Ill.
Oregon firefighter Jones and his fiancée Janssen were involved in an incident leaving them both with severe burns. Friends of the couple are hosting a blood drive to replace the blood products that have been used to treat them.
Oregon Fire Protection District and Oregon Fire Fighters Association are co-hosts of the drive, organized by the Rock River Valley Blood Center. This is the last of several replenishment drives.
For more information, contact Jerry Frana at (815) 652-4206.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue