- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Blood replenishment drive Jan. 24 for Oregon, Ill., burn victims
OREGON, Ill. — A blood replenishment drive in honor of Thomas Jones and Chelsea Janssen will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 24, at VFW Post 8739, 1310 W. Washington St., Oregon, Ill.
Oregon firefighter Jones and his fiancée Janssen were involved in an incident leaving them both with severe burns. Friends of the couple are hosting a blood drive to replace the blood products that have been used to treat them.
Oregon Fire Protection District and Oregon Fire Fighters Association are co-hosts of the drive, organized by the Rock River Valley Blood Center. This is the last of several replenishment drives.
For more information, contact Jerry Frana at (815) 652-4206.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue