- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Blood replenishment drive Jan. 24 for Oregon, Ill., burn victims
OREGON, Ill. — A blood replenishment drive in honor of Thomas Jones and Chelsea Janssen will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 24, at VFW Post 8739, 1310 W. Washington St., Oregon, Ill.
Oregon firefighter Jones and his fiancée Janssen were involved in an incident leaving them both with severe burns. Friends of the couple are hosting a blood drive to replace the blood products that have been used to treat them.
Oregon Fire Protection District and Oregon Fire Fighters Association are co-hosts of the drive, organized by the Rock River Valley Blood Center. This is the last of several replenishment drives.
For more information, contact Jerry Frana at (815) 652-4206.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue