- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Cashatt family receives funds from nacho sale
Tasha Cashatt, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Alden Park Strathmoor in Rockford, was asked by her co-workers to come to the rehab center the morning of Jan. 11. When she arrived, she saw the lobby set up for one of the facility’s regular nacho sale fund-raisers — this time to benefit her and her family.
“We are a family here at Alden, and Tasha is an important member of our family,” said Jodi Wubbena, administrator, Alden Park Strathmoor. “There were so many staff members and residents who wanted to help Tasha and her family. We decided to hold a nacho sale fund-raiser with all proceeds benefiting the Cashatts.”
Thanks to generous donations that far exceeded the price of $5 for a nacho supreme plate and a beverage, the event raised more than $800.
Cashatt lost her mother, brother, nephew and niece in the tragic fire that occurred early Monday morning, Jan. 7. The family has been overwhelmed with grief and the loss of their family home.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue