- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Cashatt family receives funds from nacho sale
Tasha Cashatt, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Alden Park Strathmoor in Rockford, was asked by her co-workers to come to the rehab center the morning of Jan. 11. When she arrived, she saw the lobby set up for one of the facility’s regular nacho sale fund-raisers — this time to benefit her and her family.
“We are a family here at Alden, and Tasha is an important member of our family,” said Jodi Wubbena, administrator, Alden Park Strathmoor. “There were so many staff members and residents who wanted to help Tasha and her family. We decided to hold a nacho sale fund-raiser with all proceeds benefiting the Cashatts.”
Thanks to generous donations that far exceeded the price of $5 for a nacho supreme plate and a beverage, the event raised more than $800.
Cashatt lost her mother, brother, nephew and niece in the tragic fire that occurred early Monday morning, Jan. 7. The family has been overwhelmed with grief and the loss of their family home.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue