- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Cashatt family receives funds from nacho sale
Tasha Cashatt, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Alden Park Strathmoor in Rockford, was asked by her co-workers to come to the rehab center the morning of Jan. 11. When she arrived, she saw the lobby set up for one of the facility’s regular nacho sale fund-raisers — this time to benefit her and her family.
“We are a family here at Alden, and Tasha is an important member of our family,” said Jodi Wubbena, administrator, Alden Park Strathmoor. “There were so many staff members and residents who wanted to help Tasha and her family. We decided to hold a nacho sale fund-raiser with all proceeds benefiting the Cashatts.”
Thanks to generous donations that far exceeded the price of $5 for a nacho supreme plate and a beverage, the event raised more than $800.
Cashatt lost her mother, brother, nephew and niece in the tragic fire that occurred early Monday morning, Jan. 7. The family has been overwhelmed with grief and the loss of their family home.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue