- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Cashatt family receives funds from nacho sale
Tasha Cashatt, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Alden Park Strathmoor in Rockford, was asked by her co-workers to come to the rehab center the morning of Jan. 11. When she arrived, she saw the lobby set up for one of the facility’s regular nacho sale fund-raisers — this time to benefit her and her family.
“We are a family here at Alden, and Tasha is an important member of our family,” said Jodi Wubbena, administrator, Alden Park Strathmoor. “There were so many staff members and residents who wanted to help Tasha and her family. We decided to hold a nacho sale fund-raiser with all proceeds benefiting the Cashatts.”
Thanks to generous donations that far exceeded the price of $5 for a nacho supreme plate and a beverage, the event raised more than $800.
Cashatt lost her mother, brother, nephew and niece in the tragic fire that occurred early Monday morning, Jan. 7. The family has been overwhelmed with grief and the loss of their family home.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue