- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
Cashatt family receives funds from nacho sale
Tasha Cashatt, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) at Alden Park Strathmoor in Rockford, was asked by her co-workers to come to the rehab center the morning of Jan. 11. When she arrived, she saw the lobby set up for one of the facility’s regular nacho sale fund-raisers — this time to benefit her and her family.
“We are a family here at Alden, and Tasha is an important member of our family,” said Jodi Wubbena, administrator, Alden Park Strathmoor. “There were so many staff members and residents who wanted to help Tasha and her family. We decided to hold a nacho sale fund-raiser with all proceeds benefiting the Cashatts.”
Thanks to generous donations that far exceeded the price of $5 for a nacho supreme plate and a beverage, the event raised more than $800.
Cashatt lost her mother, brother, nephew and niece in the tragic fire that occurred early Monday morning, Jan. 7. The family has been overwhelmed with grief and the loss of their family home.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue