- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Former congressional staffer joins SupplyCore
Bryan Davis has joined Rockford’s SupplyCore as director of government affairs and contracts. A native of the Rockford area, Davis is the former deputy chief of staff to former U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo and served with the legislator for 20 years on Capitol Hill and within the Illinois 16th Congressional District working on economic development and business advocacy. He is also a former military officer who served at the rank of captain in the U.S. Army Reserve, as well as the Illinois Army National Guard. He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and holds a master’s of public administration degree from Northern Illinois University.
In his new role with SupplyCore, he will advocate for good government policies that benefit the company, customers, industry and ultimately the taxpayers with federal, state and local government officials. He will also play an active and constructive role with D.C., and state-based coalitions and associations. Davis will also be responsible for managing contract compliance for the company.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to join a great company based right here in Rockford,” Davis said. “Not only is SupplyCore a successful and growing business, but its owner, Peter Provenzano, is a tremendous corporate citizen dedicated to working to improve our local community, state and nation. I looked forward to being part of a very talented workforce and helping advance the mission of the company in serving the men and women of the U.S. armed services as well as improving the quality of life for our citizens.”
Peter Provenzano, president & CEO of SupplyCore, said: “Bryan Davis has been a major asset to our community during his years serving our citizens as Congressman Manzullo’s senior staff member. We look forward to him leading SupplyCore’s advocacy efforts, not only for the company’s benefit, but for small businesses nationwide. Bryan will also continue his work helping our community move forward in dealing with the many challenges that lie ahead.”
In business for more than 25 years, SupplyCore is a supply chain management services and technology solutions integrator providing key support to U.S. and foreign agencies, domestically and abroad, including at-risk environments. Their supply chain expertise includes procurement, warehousing, logistics and facility support. Their technology solutions aid their supply chain management endeavors and enable cloud-based collaborative solutions that support strategy execution and interorganizational case management.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue