- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Hawaiian fun offered at Discovery Center Jan. 27
Online Staff Report
Button up your luau shirt and come in out of the cold as Rockford’s Discovery Center transforms into paradise, Hawaiian style, from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 27.
Take in the flora, fauna, geography, music, culture and cuisine of these paradise islands. Make your own leia, learn to speak the lingo, romp in a simulated lava pit and witness a volcanic eruption. Snorkel through the museum, get your hands on real volcanic rocks, and start a shell collection. Enjoy art and craft activities with an island flare, and sample the regional cuisine. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town!
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013