- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Hawaiian fun offered at Discovery Center Jan. 27
Online Staff Report
Button up your luau shirt and come in out of the cold as Rockford’s Discovery Center transforms into paradise, Hawaiian style, from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 27.
Take in the flora, fauna, geography, music, culture and cuisine of these paradise islands. Make your own leia, learn to speak the lingo, romp in a simulated lava pit and witness a volcanic eruption. Snorkel through the museum, get your hands on real volcanic rocks, and start a shell collection. Enjoy art and craft activities with an island flare, and sample the regional cuisine. Take a half-day vacation without leaving town!
Cost of the event is included with admission to Discovery Center — $8 for adults, $8 for children ages 2-17 and free to children age 1 and younger as well as to members of Discovery Center Museum.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013