- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Olympic Tavern hosts scotch whiskey tasting event Jan. 25
By Zak Rotello
Olympic Tavern Co-Owner
Join The Olympic Tavern, The Rock River Whiskey Sippers and the experts from Everett’s Liquor in South Beloit Friday, Jan. 25, at 8 p.m., as we welcome two incredible scotch whiskey celebrities to The Olympic Tavern.
Jeffery Topping and John McDougall will be on hand to pour samples of their own special scotch blends, chat about whiskey and celebrate the birthday of Robert Burns.
What better way to celebrate Robert Burns’ birthday than with a few drams of scotch whiskey and an evening with the world’s only living Master Blender and Master Distiller of Scotch Whisky, McDougall. McDougall will be joined by the only American trained in distilling and blending Scotch Malt Whisky, Topping, of Wild Scotsman Whisky. Topping will “Address The Haggis” from memory to honor Robert Burns.
McDougall has distilled for companies in every region of Scotland, including Balvenie, Springbank, Laphroaig, etc. He will educate and entertain by sharing his 52-plus years in the Scotch Whisky industry.
In addition to McDougall presenting five distilleries, Topping of Wild Scotsman Whisky will address the Haggis in “Old Scottish” and share his passion and Wild Scotsman Black Label Blended Malt Scotch Whisky, a.k.a. cigar malt.
Tasting includes light appetizers and samples of the following reserve scotch whiskies:
• Dailuaine Single Malt
• Tormore Single Malt
• Balvenie Single Malt
• Wild Scotsman Cigar Malt
• and maybe more …
Tickets are $40 per person, and are available from Matt Strand at Everett’s Liquor in South Beloit. Call (815) 389-3606 for RSVPs.
The Olympic Tavern is at 2327 N. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached (815) 962-8758.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue