- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
OSF Saint Anthony Foundation hosts 59th Pink Ball Jan. 26
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center Foundation, the 59th Annual Pink Ball will be held beginning with a champagne reception at 5:45 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 26, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
With co-chairmen Rebecca and Dana Epperson, the black-tie Pink Ball event includes gourmet dinner and dancing.
A Rockford tradition for more than 50 years, the Pink Ball supports the Mission of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis to serve with the greatest care and love. Thanks to the generous support of sponsors and guests, this event has provided millions of dollars to further this mission, which, in turn, has supported countless members of the community.
This year’s event will support three projects that will assist OSF Saint Anthony patients by:
• providing state-of-the-art, medically appropriate cribs in pediatrics to address the needs of children;
• providing specialized surgical equipment to enhance treatment for burn patients in support of the only Level III Trauma Burn program in the community; and
• providing equipment to enhance the True Beam radiation system, which allows OSF Saint Anthony to provide the highest level of treatment in the area.
Tickets are $250 per person. For information about sponsorships and tickets, call (815) 395-5346.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue