- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
OSF Saint Anthony Foundation hosts 59th Pink Ball Jan. 26
Sponsored by the OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center Foundation, the 59th Annual Pink Ball will be held beginning with a champagne reception at 5:45 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 26, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
With co-chairmen Rebecca and Dana Epperson, the black-tie Pink Ball event includes gourmet dinner and dancing.
A Rockford tradition for more than 50 years, the Pink Ball supports the Mission of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis to serve with the greatest care and love. Thanks to the generous support of sponsors and guests, this event has provided millions of dollars to further this mission, which, in turn, has supported countless members of the community.
This year’s event will support three projects that will assist OSF Saint Anthony patients by:
• providing state-of-the-art, medically appropriate cribs in pediatrics to address the needs of children;
• providing specialized surgical equipment to enhance treatment for burn patients in support of the only Level III Trauma Burn program in the community; and
• providing equipment to enhance the True Beam radiation system, which allows OSF Saint Anthony to provide the highest level of treatment in the area.
Tickets are $250 per person. For information about sponsorships and tickets, call (815) 395-5346.
From the Jan. 23-29, 2013, issue