- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Tom Nelson joins Riverside Community Bank board
Tom Nelson, co-owner and president of Valley Expo & Displays, joined the board of directors of Riverside Community Bank. The board oversees the activities of the $424 million financial institution with four locations in the northern Illinois region.
Nelson’s company, Valley Expo & Displays, is a trade show general contractor and exhibit builder. Valley provides its national client base with solutions and services for exhibits, expositions, corporate events, custom interiors and graphics. Valley employs 40 full-time people and entered its 40th year of business in 2012.
“Mr. Nelson’s business knowledge and ability to continue to expand clientele and market share for his rapidly-growing business makes him a highly-valued addition to our local board of directors,” said Riverside’s President and CEO Steve Ward. Nelson will join other community directors including Board Chairman Dan Loescher, Mike Broski, Steve Elsberg, Craig Erdmier, Pam Maher, Mike Rogers, Dan Pecora and Jean Vitale.
Nelson previously worked at Electronic Data Systems for five years as a systems engineer. Nelson is a member of Rockford’s Immanuel Lutheran Church and was church chairman from 2006 to 2011. He lives in Belvidere with his wife, Shayna, and three daughters, Ella, Brittany and Alyssa.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013