- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Tom Nelson joins Riverside Community Bank board
Tom Nelson, co-owner and president of Valley Expo & Displays, joined the board of directors of Riverside Community Bank. The board oversees the activities of the $424 million financial institution with four locations in the northern Illinois region.
Nelson’s company, Valley Expo & Displays, is a trade show general contractor and exhibit builder. Valley provides its national client base with solutions and services for exhibits, expositions, corporate events, custom interiors and graphics. Valley employs 40 full-time people and entered its 40th year of business in 2012.
“Mr. Nelson’s business knowledge and ability to continue to expand clientele and market share for his rapidly-growing business makes him a highly-valued addition to our local board of directors,” said Riverside’s President and CEO Steve Ward. Nelson will join other community directors including Board Chairman Dan Loescher, Mike Broski, Steve Elsberg, Craig Erdmier, Pam Maher, Mike Rogers, Dan Pecora and Jean Vitale.
Nelson previously worked at Electronic Data Systems for five years as a systems engineer. Nelson is a member of Rockford’s Immanuel Lutheran Church and was church chairman from 2006 to 2011. He lives in Belvidere with his wife, Shayna, and three daughters, Ella, Brittany and Alyssa.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013