- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Tom Nelson joins Riverside Community Bank board
Tom Nelson, co-owner and president of Valley Expo & Displays, joined the board of directors of Riverside Community Bank. The board oversees the activities of the $424 million financial institution with four locations in the northern Illinois region.
Nelson’s company, Valley Expo & Displays, is a trade show general contractor and exhibit builder. Valley provides its national client base with solutions and services for exhibits, expositions, corporate events, custom interiors and graphics. Valley employs 40 full-time people and entered its 40th year of business in 2012.
“Mr. Nelson’s business knowledge and ability to continue to expand clientele and market share for his rapidly-growing business makes him a highly-valued addition to our local board of directors,” said Riverside’s President and CEO Steve Ward. Nelson will join other community directors including Board Chairman Dan Loescher, Mike Broski, Steve Elsberg, Craig Erdmier, Pam Maher, Mike Rogers, Dan Pecora and Jean Vitale.
Nelson previously worked at Electronic Data Systems for five years as a systems engineer. Nelson is a member of Rockford’s Immanuel Lutheran Church and was church chairman from 2006 to 2011. He lives in Belvidere with his wife, Shayna, and three daughters, Ella, Brittany and Alyssa.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013