- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Tom Nelson joins Riverside Community Bank board
Tom Nelson, co-owner and president of Valley Expo & Displays, joined the board of directors of Riverside Community Bank. The board oversees the activities of the $424 million financial institution with four locations in the northern Illinois region.
Nelson’s company, Valley Expo & Displays, is a trade show general contractor and exhibit builder. Valley provides its national client base with solutions and services for exhibits, expositions, corporate events, custom interiors and graphics. Valley employs 40 full-time people and entered its 40th year of business in 2012.
“Mr. Nelson’s business knowledge and ability to continue to expand clientele and market share for his rapidly-growing business makes him a highly-valued addition to our local board of directors,” said Riverside’s President and CEO Steve Ward. Nelson will join other community directors including Board Chairman Dan Loescher, Mike Broski, Steve Elsberg, Craig Erdmier, Pam Maher, Mike Rogers, Dan Pecora and Jean Vitale.
Nelson previously worked at Electronic Data Systems for five years as a systems engineer. Nelson is a member of Rockford’s Immanuel Lutheran Church and was church chairman from 2006 to 2011. He lives in Belvidere with his wife, Shayna, and three daughters, Ella, Brittany and Alyssa.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013