- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Battle of the Badges blood drive Jan. 31 in Belvidere
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Thursday, Jan. 31, Belvidere Police and Fire departments will host blood drives in their semi-annual competition, Battle of the Badges.
The competition, which started in 2007, is taking place during National Blood Donor Month. The department that brings in the most donations wins the traveling trophy until the next drive, which is displayed at their respective department.
The drive times are 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at Belvidere Police Department, 615 N. Main St., in Belvidere; and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Belvidere Fire Department, 123 S. State St., in Belvidere.
To donate at the Police Department, contact Dave Dammon at (815) 547-6022. To donate at the Fire Department, contact Al Hyser at (815) 289-5110.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call the Rock river Valley Blood Center toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at http://www.rrvbc.org.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013