- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Battle of the Badges blood drive Jan. 31 in Belvidere
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Thursday, Jan. 31, Belvidere Police and Fire departments will host blood drives in their semi-annual competition, Battle of the Badges.
The competition, which started in 2007, is taking place during National Blood Donor Month. The department that brings in the most donations wins the traveling trophy until the next drive, which is displayed at their respective department.
The drive times are 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at Belvidere Police Department, 615 N. Main St., in Belvidere; and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Belvidere Fire Department, 123 S. State St., in Belvidere.
To donate at the Police Department, contact Dave Dammon at (815) 547-6022. To donate at the Fire Department, contact Al Hyser at (815) 289-5110.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call the Rock river Valley Blood Center toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at http://www.rrvbc.org.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013