- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Battle of the Badges blood drive Jan. 31 in Belvidere
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Thursday, Jan. 31, Belvidere Police and Fire departments will host blood drives in their semi-annual competition, Battle of the Badges.
The competition, which started in 2007, is taking place during National Blood Donor Month. The department that brings in the most donations wins the traveling trophy until the next drive, which is displayed at their respective department.
The drive times are 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at Belvidere Police Department, 615 N. Main St., in Belvidere; and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Belvidere Fire Department, 123 S. State St., in Belvidere.
To donate at the Police Department, contact Dave Dammon at (815) 547-6022. To donate at the Fire Department, contact Al Hyser at (815) 289-5110.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call the Rock river Valley Blood Center toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at http://www.rrvbc.org.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013