- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Battle of the Badges blood drive Jan. 31 in Belvidere
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Thursday, Jan. 31, Belvidere Police and Fire departments will host blood drives in their semi-annual competition, Battle of the Badges.
The competition, which started in 2007, is taking place during National Blood Donor Month. The department that brings in the most donations wins the traveling trophy until the next drive, which is displayed at their respective department.
The drive times are 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at Belvidere Police Department, 615 N. Main St., in Belvidere; and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Belvidere Fire Department, 123 S. State St., in Belvidere.
To donate at the Police Department, contact Dave Dammon at (815) 547-6022. To donate at the Fire Department, contact Al Hyser at (815) 289-5110.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call the Rock river Valley Blood Center toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at http://www.rrvbc.org.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013