- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Battle of the Badges blood drive Jan. 31 in Belvidere
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Thursday, Jan. 31, Belvidere Police and Fire departments will host blood drives in their semi-annual competition, Battle of the Badges.
The competition, which started in 2007, is taking place during National Blood Donor Month. The department that brings in the most donations wins the traveling trophy until the next drive, which is displayed at their respective department.
The drive times are 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at Belvidere Police Department, 615 N. Main St., in Belvidere; and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Belvidere Fire Department, 123 S. State St., in Belvidere.
To donate at the Police Department, contact Dave Dammon at (815) 547-6022. To donate at the Fire Department, contact Al Hyser at (815) 289-5110.
For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call the Rock river Valley Blood Center toll-free at 877-RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at http://www.rrvbc.org.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013