- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Community Advocate Award goes to Beverly Edwards
The Second Annual Crusader Community Advocate Award was given to Beverly “Bam” Edwards, an outreach case manager at Crusader Community Health since 1995. Rain, wind, snow or sleet, “Bam” is out in the “fields” making sure Crusader patients get in for their appointments. She will find “lost” patients and outreach them so they can get the care they need.
This award was initiated in 2011 to honor the memory of Annie Dandridge, a Crusader staff member, who passed away in April 2011. “Annie” was an extraordinary individual who always exhibited unique kindness and concern for others.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit, Illinois corporation whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis. Crusader Community Health has four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway, Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh Street; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600, or for more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue