- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Community Advocate Award goes to Beverly Edwards
The Second Annual Crusader Community Advocate Award was given to Beverly “Bam” Edwards, an outreach case manager at Crusader Community Health since 1995. Rain, wind, snow or sleet, “Bam” is out in the “fields” making sure Crusader patients get in for their appointments. She will find “lost” patients and outreach them so they can get the care they need.
This award was initiated in 2011 to honor the memory of Annie Dandridge, a Crusader staff member, who passed away in April 2011. “Annie” was an extraordinary individual who always exhibited unique kindness and concern for others.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit, Illinois corporation whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis. Crusader Community Health has four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway, Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh Street; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600, or for more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue