- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Community Advocate Award goes to Beverly Edwards
The Second Annual Crusader Community Advocate Award was given to Beverly “Bam” Edwards, an outreach case manager at Crusader Community Health since 1995. Rain, wind, snow or sleet, “Bam” is out in the “fields” making sure Crusader patients get in for their appointments. She will find “lost” patients and outreach them so they can get the care they need.
This award was initiated in 2011 to honor the memory of Annie Dandridge, a Crusader staff member, who passed away in April 2011. “Annie” was an extraordinary individual who always exhibited unique kindness and concern for others.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit, Illinois corporation whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Services are available on a sliding discount basis. Crusader Community Health has four locations: Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway, Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh Street; Crusader Community Health Belvidere, 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. To schedule an appointment, call (815) 490-1600, or for more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue