DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre offers AFI’s Top Ten beginning Feb. 2
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — The Egyptian Theatre in DeKalb, Ill., is partnering with several departments at Northern Illinois University and Kish Health System to offer the community the American Film Institute’s (AFI) Top Ten Films of All-Time beginning Saturday, Feb. 2.
Movie dates and times are as follows (beginning with No. 10 on AFI’s list):
10. The Wizard of Oz — Saturday, Feb. 2, 2 and 6:30 p.m.;
9. Vertigo — Tuesday, Feb. 5, 6:30 p.m.
8. Schindler’s List — Tuesday, Feb. 12, 6:30 p.m.
7. Lawrence of Arabia — Tuesday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m.
6. Gone with the Wind — Tuesday, Feb. 26, 6:30 p.m.
5. Singin’ in the Rain — Tuesday, March 5, 6:30 p.m.
4. Raging Bull — Tuesday, March 19, 6:30 p.m.
3. Casablanca — Tuesday, March 26, 6:30 p.m.
2. The Godfather — Tuesday, April 2, 6:30 p.m.
1. Citizen Kane — Tuesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m.
Ticket prices for the films are $7 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. A discounted ticket package is also available for admission to all 10 films with pricing at $50 for adults and $30 for students and seniors.
Based on licensing agreements, the Egyptian Theatre will present a complimentary and rare public showing of Schindler’s List, with no ticket required for admission.
In addition to the film showings, local experts in film, theater, art, history, dance and literature will provide entertaining and informative introductions and lead post-film discussions with attendees.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.egyptiantheatre.org. Become a Friend of the Egyptian and receive free movie tickets, discounts on concessions, advanced ticket purchasing for select shows and 10 percent off at participating downtown DeKalb restaurants.
The Egyptian Theatre is operated by the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Preservation of Egyptian Theatre, Inc., and is at 135 N. Second St., downtown DeKalb, Ill.
Posted Jan. 30, 2013
Print This Article