- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Guest Chef Wine Dinner at Anderson Gardens Feb. 23
Anderson Japanese Gardens is partnering with celebrity Chef Gale Gand and Terlato Wines to bring you a magical winter evening. The gardens will host a Guest Chef Wine Dinner featuring the creations of Chef Gale Gand paired with the wines of Chapoutier Saturday, Feb. 23, on the garden grounds at 318 Spring Creek Road.
The evening will begin with Terlato Wine Portfolio Tasting at 5:30 p.m. The featured dinner prepared by Chef Gale Gand, paired with wines of Chapoutier will be served at 6:30 p.m. Cost of the event is $150 per person (tax and gratuity not included). All wines and Chef Gand’s books will be available for purchase.
Gale Gand, partner and founding executive pastry chef of the Five Diamond, four-star restaurant TRU in Chicago, with its Michelin star, was named pastry chef of the year by The James Beard Foundation and Bon Appetit magazine in 2001.
Host of the long-running Food Network and Cooking Channel’s Sweet Dreams, Gand has appeared on Iron Chef America, Martha Stewart, Baking With Julia (Child), Oprah, and judged Bravo’s “Top Chef” and “Top Chef Just Desserts” and many more. Gale was asked by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to create a special dessert to serve to the President of China on his 2011 visit to Chicago. Gand is also an accomplished cookbook author with seven titles to her credit, including her most recent, Gale Gand’s Brunch. She has her own root beer company producing “Gale’s Root Beer,” has a bachelor of fine arts from RIT and attended culinary school at La Varenne in Paris. She is the chef-in-residence at Elawa Farm in Lake Forest, Ill.
Chapoutier was profiled in Wine Spectator magazine’s Nov. 30, 2012, issue. The article noted: “His company, M. Chapouier, owns nearly one quarter of the vines in the Hermitage appellation. His winery’s recent performance is stunning: 38 of Chapoutier wines reviewed in this year’s Rhone report earned a rating of 90 or more points on Wine Specator’s 100-point scale; 15 earned the classic ratings of 95 points or better.”
Space is limited. Reservations are required by Thursday, Feb. 7. For information and to make reservation, call Katie at (815) 316-3306.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue