- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Guest Chef Wine Dinner at Anderson Gardens Feb. 23
Anderson Japanese Gardens is partnering with celebrity Chef Gale Gand and Terlato Wines to bring you a magical winter evening. The gardens will host a Guest Chef Wine Dinner featuring the creations of Chef Gale Gand paired with the wines of Chapoutier Saturday, Feb. 23, on the garden grounds at 318 Spring Creek Road.
The evening will begin with Terlato Wine Portfolio Tasting at 5:30 p.m. The featured dinner prepared by Chef Gale Gand, paired with wines of Chapoutier will be served at 6:30 p.m. Cost of the event is $150 per person (tax and gratuity not included). All wines and Chef Gand’s books will be available for purchase.
Gale Gand, partner and founding executive pastry chef of the Five Diamond, four-star restaurant TRU in Chicago, with its Michelin star, was named pastry chef of the year by The James Beard Foundation and Bon Appetit magazine in 2001.
Host of the long-running Food Network and Cooking Channel’s Sweet Dreams, Gand has appeared on Iron Chef America, Martha Stewart, Baking With Julia (Child), Oprah, and judged Bravo’s “Top Chef” and “Top Chef Just Desserts” and many more. Gale was asked by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to create a special dessert to serve to the President of China on his 2011 visit to Chicago. Gand is also an accomplished cookbook author with seven titles to her credit, including her most recent, Gale Gand’s Brunch. She has her own root beer company producing “Gale’s Root Beer,” has a bachelor of fine arts from RIT and attended culinary school at La Varenne in Paris. She is the chef-in-residence at Elawa Farm in Lake Forest, Ill.
Chapoutier was profiled in Wine Spectator magazine’s Nov. 30, 2012, issue. The article noted: “His company, M. Chapouier, owns nearly one quarter of the vines in the Hermitage appellation. His winery’s recent performance is stunning: 38 of Chapoutier wines reviewed in this year’s Rhone report earned a rating of 90 or more points on Wine Specator’s 100-point scale; 15 earned the classic ratings of 95 points or better.”
Space is limited. Reservations are required by Thursday, Feb. 7. For information and to make reservation, call Katie at (815) 316-3306.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue