- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA receives $15,000 donation
As a part of their commitment to the community and healthy living, SwedishAmerican has granted the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program $15,000 to continue its work with cancer survivors in 2013.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a 12-week small-group exercise and support program offered by the YMCA of Rock River Valley. It is designed to meet the specific needs of adult cancer survivors who want to gain or reclaim their health and well-being before, during and after treatment.
Trained YMCA instructors design safe and beneficial cardiovascular and strength training exercise for each participant based on their individual needs. The program is offered at no cost to participants, and is supported by donations from the community.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is moving into its second year, and there is growing interest and a need for greater financial support. The YMCA of Rock River Valley is one of approximately 225 YMCAs across the country selected to offer this successful program.
The donation from SwedishAmerican gives LIVESTRONG at the YMCA financial support needed for instructors, training costs, and other direct expenses associated with delivery of the program throughout the year. Since insurance does not pay for patients to start or restart an exercise program, the financial support from SwedishAmerican gives the YMCA the opportunity to help cancer survivors achieve the energy, strength and flexibility they need for full recovery.
For more about LIVESTRONG at the YMCA or the healthy living initiatives of the YMCA of Rock River Valley, go to www.rockriverymca.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue