- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Mars explorer to visit Roscoe manufacturer Jan. 31
BELOIT, Wis. — Thursday, Jan. 31, the chief scientist for the Mars Science Laboratory Mission will be visiting a Roscoe, Ill., company that manufactures parts for the Mars rovers.
Dr. John Grotzinger will receive a tour of Forest City Gear, 11715 Main St., Roscoe, Ill., by the heads of the company, Fred and Wendy Young.
Grotzinger is this year’s recipient of the Roy Chapman Andrew Society’s Distinguished Explorer Award. During the award presentation Friday, Feb. 1, he will give a lecture titled, “Mars Science Laboratory Mission: First Results.” The presentation, which is free and open to the public, will take place at 4:30 p.m. in Eaton Chapel on the Beloit College campus, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
For more about Dr. Grotzinger’s visit to Beloit, visit www.roychapmanandrewssociety.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue