- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Mars explorer to visit Roscoe manufacturer Jan. 31
BELOIT, Wis. — Thursday, Jan. 31, the chief scientist for the Mars Science Laboratory Mission will be visiting a Roscoe, Ill., company that manufactures parts for the Mars rovers.
Dr. John Grotzinger will receive a tour of Forest City Gear, 11715 Main St., Roscoe, Ill., by the heads of the company, Fred and Wendy Young.
Grotzinger is this year’s recipient of the Roy Chapman Andrew Society’s Distinguished Explorer Award. During the award presentation Friday, Feb. 1, he will give a lecture titled, “Mars Science Laboratory Mission: First Results.” The presentation, which is free and open to the public, will take place at 4:30 p.m. in Eaton Chapel on the Beloit College campus, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
For more about Dr. Grotzinger’s visit to Beloit, visit www.roychapmanandrewssociety.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue