- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Mars explorer to visit Roscoe manufacturer Jan. 31
BELOIT, Wis. — Thursday, Jan. 31, the chief scientist for the Mars Science Laboratory Mission will be visiting a Roscoe, Ill., company that manufactures parts for the Mars rovers.
Dr. John Grotzinger will receive a tour of Forest City Gear, 11715 Main St., Roscoe, Ill., by the heads of the company, Fred and Wendy Young.
Grotzinger is this year’s recipient of the Roy Chapman Andrew Society’s Distinguished Explorer Award. During the award presentation Friday, Feb. 1, he will give a lecture titled, “Mars Science Laboratory Mission: First Results.” The presentation, which is free and open to the public, will take place at 4:30 p.m. in Eaton Chapel on the Beloit College campus, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
For more about Dr. Grotzinger’s visit to Beloit, visit www.roychapmanandrewssociety.org.
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue