- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Where government really gets its money
Too many people seem to think the government has an endless supply of money to dole out to them, without realizing it really comes from them as taxpayers. How many times does one hear people say, “Oh, the government pays for it” with no concern as to where the government gets it?
Greedy ones who only think of themselves with their groups for more from the government would be better served by working for a healthier economy that would benefit everybody. This greed often leads to unemployment for many of those with their demands. A real road to full employment would be a healthier economy, as espoused by most Republicans (especially those that are in the Tea Party).
On the other hand, the Democrats, especially as led by President Barack Obama, placate unions, lawyers, environmentalists and other special interest groups in demands that lead to a worsened economy.
Michael A. Smith
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue