- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Where government really gets its money
Too many people seem to think the government has an endless supply of money to dole out to them, without realizing it really comes from them as taxpayers. How many times does one hear people say, “Oh, the government pays for it” with no concern as to where the government gets it?
Greedy ones who only think of themselves with their groups for more from the government would be better served by working for a healthier economy that would benefit everybody. This greed often leads to unemployment for many of those with their demands. A real road to full employment would be a healthier economy, as espoused by most Republicans (especially those that are in the Tea Party).
On the other hand, the Democrats, especially as led by President Barack Obama, placate unions, lawyers, environmentalists and other special interest groups in demands that lead to a worsened economy.
Michael A. Smith
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue