- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Where government really gets its money
Too many people seem to think the government has an endless supply of money to dole out to them, without realizing it really comes from them as taxpayers. How many times does one hear people say, “Oh, the government pays for it” with no concern as to where the government gets it?
Greedy ones who only think of themselves with their groups for more from the government would be better served by working for a healthier economy that would benefit everybody. This greed often leads to unemployment for many of those with their demands. A real road to full employment would be a healthier economy, as espoused by most Republicans (especially those that are in the Tea Party).
On the other hand, the Democrats, especially as led by President Barack Obama, placate unions, lawyers, environmentalists and other special interest groups in demands that lead to a worsened economy.
Michael A. Smith
From the Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2013, issue