Forreston man dies following electrocution at Rockford Lowe’s Distribution Center
Online Staff Report
At around 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 30, Rockford Fire Department received a medical call at Lowe’s Distribution Center, 2801 S. Springfield Ave. Upon arrival of paramedics, the victim, 53-year-old Gregory Stewart, of Forreston, Ill., was totally unresponsive with unstable vital signs.
Stewart was transported by ambulance to Rockford Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead in the emergency room at 4:35 p.m., Jan. 30. An autopsy was performed Jan. 31, and the results were that Stewart was electrocuted.
Stewart was a maintenance supervisor at Lowe’s. He was working in a false ceiling above a conference room when a co-worker heard a noise and called out to Stewart. He went to his aid, brought him down the ladder, and CPR was initiated.
Posted Jan. 31, 2013
Print This Article