- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Candlelight hike at Beckman Mill Park Feb. 8
JANESVILLE, Wis. — Rock County Parks Advisory Committee is hosting a candlelight hike fund-raiser benefiting the Green Fund from 5:15 to 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Beckman Mill County Park.
Individuals and families are welcome at the event. Donations are requested. A trail will be lit with hundreds of candles, and the night’s festivities will include a bonfire and hot chocolate.
The Rock County Green Fund was created in 2001 to raise funds for the Rock County Park system. More than $20,000 has been raised to be used on park projects, including the Ice Age Trail between Janesville and Milton, the printing of the 2003-2008 Parks, Outdoor Recreation Open Space Plan, and assisted with various land acquisition projects. The Green Fund supports projects “above and beyond” the county parks budget.
The event will take place regardless of snow conditions (think snow and bring your skis or snowshoes if it happens), but may be canceled if winds are greater than 5 mph or there is inclement weather.
Beckman Mill County Park is at 11450 S. County Highway H, west of Beloit, Wis. The park’s entrance is at the intersection of Highway H and Millpond Road.
For more about the candlelight ski, contact the Rock County Parks Division at (608) 757-5450 weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue