- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Candlelight hike at Beckman Mill Park Feb. 8
JANESVILLE, Wis. — Rock County Parks Advisory Committee is hosting a candlelight hike fund-raiser benefiting the Green Fund from 5:15 to 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Beckman Mill County Park.
Individuals and families are welcome at the event. Donations are requested. A trail will be lit with hundreds of candles, and the night’s festivities will include a bonfire and hot chocolate.
The Rock County Green Fund was created in 2001 to raise funds for the Rock County Park system. More than $20,000 has been raised to be used on park projects, including the Ice Age Trail between Janesville and Milton, the printing of the 2003-2008 Parks, Outdoor Recreation Open Space Plan, and assisted with various land acquisition projects. The Green Fund supports projects “above and beyond” the county parks budget.
The event will take place regardless of snow conditions (think snow and bring your skis or snowshoes if it happens), but may be canceled if winds are greater than 5 mph or there is inclement weather.
Beckman Mill County Park is at 11450 S. County Highway H, west of Beloit, Wis. The park’s entrance is at the intersection of Highway H and Millpond Road.
For more about the candlelight ski, contact the Rock County Parks Division at (608) 757-5450 weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue