- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Chipotle Mexican Grille to open in Machesney Park in June
Online Staff Report
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Chipotle Mexican Grill will be adding a new location at 1570 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park, Ill., within the 173 Shopping Corridor. The construction will begin in February, and the restaurant will open in June.
Chipotle will be the newest addition to the dining experience in Machesney Park. It joins Chili’s, Steak n Shake, Buffalo Wild Wings, and others along the growing corridor.
Chipotle is company owned, not a franchise, and their first restaurant opened in Denver in 1993. Their mission statement is “Food with Integrity,” which highlights their efforts to use all organic ingredients.
Chipotle operates more than 1,200 restaurants in 43 states, Washington, D.C., Canada, England and France with more than 31,000 employees.
“This will be Chipotle’s second store in the county, and the fact that they chose Machesney Park speaks volumes,” said Machesney Park Mayor Tom Strickland.
For more information, contact Gregory Anderson, Village of Machesney Park, (815) 877-5432.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013