- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Elite Defense Systems offers Adult Street Safe Self-Defense
Online Staff Report
One of the myths in martial arts is that one needs to be a “black belt” to know how to protect oneself. Howwever, Elite Defense Systems, a self-defense school in the area, begs to differ. By teaching Bruce Lee’s martial arts philosophy of Jeet Kune Do (JKD), chief instructor Matt Numrich shows any adult how to defend themselves quickly and easily.
Elite Defense Systems is hosting a four-week class in this art which will take place through Rock Valley College every Monday, from 7-8 p.m., Feb. 11 to March 4, at the defense systems school, 5695 Strathmoor Drive, Rockford. It is open to all adults, ages16 and up, with a sign-up fee of $39.
“Our classes not only show people how to stay safe, but a new way to stay sit,” says Chief Instructor Matt Numrich.
Programs he is currently offering at Elite Defense Systems through RVC teach students how to defend themselves against ground attakcs, weapons assaults and numerous other scenarios not covered by most martial arts systems.
He aims to make self-defense like an adult’s second-nature in order to hasten the reaction time and therefore escape without much harm done. “Simply having options, and then role-playing those options, is what gives adults of any age the confidence to deal with these situations, That confidence then positively affects every area of their lies,” explains Numrich. In addition, Numrich is offering special workout sessions to get you in shape quickly.
Numrich has taught everyone from th U.S. Air Marshals after the wake of 9/11, to the Army and Navy, and most recently, the BATF/ Numrich says, “Martial arts acts as a catalyst in so many of my students’ lives where this one positive influence starts to change their whole life.”
For more information about Elite Defense System’ adults-only programs through RVC, please call Matt Numrich at (815) 885-4d758 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013