- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Free Girl Scout Cookie tasting Feb. 8 in Rockford
Online Staff Report
Girl Scouts of the USA has declared Friday, Feb. 8, as the first-ever National Girl Scout Cookie Day. Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois (GSNI) is celebrating by offering a free Girl Scout Cookie tasting to the public from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Rockford Service Center, 2820 McFarland Road, Rockford.
People can taste free samples of their favorite Girl Scout Cookies or try new flavors. Local Girl Scouts will be on hand to talk about how the Girl Scout Cookie Program provides them with savvy business skills like goal-setting, decision-making, money management, business ethics and people skills. Community members will also have the opportunity to order cookies locally and support girls in their own neighborhoods!.
Cookie lovers and social media fans can also support National Girl Scout Cookie Day by tweeting their favorite Girl Scout Cookie using #onemorebox and be entered in a nationwide contest. Local girls will join Girl Scouts across the nation as they ask more than 50 million cookie fans to buy or order more boxes in honor of their success in running the largest girl-led business enterprise in the world. Find cookies and visit GSNI online at http://www.girlscoutsni.org/cookie.html.
GSNI serves nearly 20,000 girls and 6,000 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago counties. Call 1-800-242-5591 for more details.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013