- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Groundwork Dance Company to perform at Court Street United Methodist Church
Online Staff Report
One of northern Illinois’ most dynamic dance troupes, Groundwork Dance Company, will perform at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 10, at Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The program is part of the church’s Worship Through the Arts 2012-2013 series. A free-will offering will be taken.
Groundwork Dance Company merges creativity and faith to create culturally-relevant art. The group’s mission is to engage minds, awaken souls and honor God through dance. Their dynamic, thought-provoking performances engage the audience into a time of awareness, reflection and praise.
The performance will take place in the Court Street United Methodist Church’s sanctuary, 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013