- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
Groundwork Dance Company to perform at Court Street United Methodist Church
Online Staff Report
One of northern Illinois’ most dynamic dance troupes, Groundwork Dance Company, will perform at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 10, at Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The program is part of the church’s Worship Through the Arts 2012-2013 series. A free-will offering will be taken.
Groundwork Dance Company merges creativity and faith to create culturally-relevant art. The group’s mission is to engage minds, awaken souls and honor God through dance. Their dynamic, thought-provoking performances engage the audience into a time of awareness, reflection and praise.
The performance will take place in the Court Street United Methodist Church’s sanctuary, 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013