- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Groundwork Dance Company to perform at Court Street United Methodist Church
Online Staff Report
One of northern Illinois’ most dynamic dance troupes, Groundwork Dance Company, will perform at 2 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 10, at Court Street United Methodist Church in Rockford. The program is part of the church’s Worship Through the Arts 2012-2013 series. A free-will offering will be taken.
Groundwork Dance Company merges creativity and faith to create culturally-relevant art. The group’s mission is to engage minds, awaken souls and honor God through dance. Their dynamic, thought-provoking performances engage the audience into a time of awareness, reflection and praise.
The performance will take place in the Court Street United Methodist Church’s sanctuary, 215 N. Court St. All are welcome to attend.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013