- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Harlan Jefferson to perform at RVC, Rockford College Feb. 13
Online Staff Report
Harlan Jefferson will perform a special set as part of Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Black History Month celebration at 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Additionally, Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre will host Harlan Jefferson as well as Betty Pumphrey & the “Christianaires” for a 7 p.m. concert on Feb. 13. The event will be hosted by Music Historian Carl Cole.
Admission to either event is free, and there will also be giveaways and free food.
The events are sponsored by the Rockford College Global Education Center, the Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement, and the Rock Valley Collete and Rockford College Collaborative.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013