- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Harlan Jefferson to perform at RVC, Rockford College Feb. 13
Online Staff Report
Harlan Jefferson will perform a special set as part of Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Black History Month celebration at 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the Student Center Atrium on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
Additionally, Rockford College’s Maddox Theatre will host Harlan Jefferson as well as Betty Pumphrey & the “Christianaires” for a 7 p.m. concert on Feb. 13. The event will be hosted by Music Historian Carl Cole.
Admission to either event is free, and there will also be giveaways and free food.
The events are sponsored by the Rockford College Global Education Center, the Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement, and the Rock Valley Collete and Rockford College Collaborative.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013