- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Photos: Film crew here to film ‘Daily Planet’ episode
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
The week before, Rockford’s Universal Hovercraft was in California working one of their creations into a new Microsoft Outlook commercial. Friday, Feb. 1, on our Rock River, a Toronto, Canada-based film crew (see photos below) concluded two days of filming and interviews for the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet, a science and technology daily show broadcast around the world.
The flying hovercraft’s impressive piloting by UH’s co-owner Bill Zang in subzero temperatures and gusting winds made for some very good footage. Watch these pages for an interview with the producer and director of photography of this shoot.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue