- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Photos: Film crew here to film ‘Daily Planet’ episode
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
The week before, Rockford’s Universal Hovercraft was in California working one of their creations into a new Microsoft Outlook commercial. Friday, Feb. 1, on our Rock River, a Toronto, Canada-based film crew (see photos below) concluded two days of filming and interviews for the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet, a science and technology daily show broadcast around the world.
The flying hovercraft’s impressive piloting by UH’s co-owner Bill Zang in subzero temperatures and gusting winds made for some very good footage. Watch these pages for an interview with the producer and director of photography of this shoot.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue