- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Photos: Film crew here to film ‘Daily Planet’ episode
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
The week before, Rockford’s Universal Hovercraft was in California working one of their creations into a new Microsoft Outlook commercial. Friday, Feb. 1, on our Rock River, a Toronto, Canada-based film crew (see photos below) concluded two days of filming and interviews for the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet, a science and technology daily show broadcast around the world.
The flying hovercraft’s impressive piloting by UH’s co-owner Bill Zang in subzero temperatures and gusting winds made for some very good footage. Watch these pages for an interview with the producer and director of photography of this shoot.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue