- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
Photos: Film crew here to film ‘Daily Planet’ episode
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
The week before, Rockford’s Universal Hovercraft was in California working one of their creations into a new Microsoft Outlook commercial. Friday, Feb. 1, on our Rock River, a Toronto, Canada-based film crew (see photos below) concluded two days of filming and interviews for the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet, a science and technology daily show broadcast around the world.
The flying hovercraft’s impressive piloting by UH’s co-owner Bill Zang in subzero temperatures and gusting winds made for some very good footage. Watch these pages for an interview with the producer and director of photography of this shoot.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue