- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Photos: Film crew here to film ‘Daily Planet’ episode
By Frank Schier
Editor & Publisher
The week before, Rockford’s Universal Hovercraft was in California working one of their creations into a new Microsoft Outlook commercial. Friday, Feb. 1, on our Rock River, a Toronto, Canada-based film crew (see photos below) concluded two days of filming and interviews for the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet, a science and technology daily show broadcast around the world.
The flying hovercraft’s impressive piloting by UH’s co-owner Bill Zang in subzero temperatures and gusting winds made for some very good footage. Watch these pages for an interview with the producer and director of photography of this shoot.
From the Feb. 6-12, 2013, issue