- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Rockford Symphony Orchestra has new program for children
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is introducing a new program designed to engage children ages 5 to 10 and their parents in learning about woodwind, percussion, brass and string instruments.
Each performance, presented by RSO musicians, will introduce one of the four instrument families with a demonstration and performance. Afterwards, families will adjourn to Discovery Center classrooms for a hands-on activity reinforcing the information shared by the musicians.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, Feb. 9 — Powerful Percussion
Saturday, March 23 — Bodacious Brass
Saturday, April 20 — Spectacular Strings
All sessions run from 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to noon. Tickets are $5 for children, $7 for adults. Walk-ups are welcomed, but space is limited. Order your tickets online at http://www.rockfordsymphony.com/education/concert.asp or call (815) 965-0049 to make reservations.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013