- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Rockford Symphony Orchestra has new program for children
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is introducing a new program designed to engage children ages 5 to 10 and their parents in learning about woodwind, percussion, brass and string instruments.
Each performance, presented by RSO musicians, will introduce one of the four instrument families with a demonstration and performance. Afterwards, families will adjourn to Discovery Center classrooms for a hands-on activity reinforcing the information shared by the musicians.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, Feb. 9 — Powerful Percussion
Saturday, March 23 — Bodacious Brass
Saturday, April 20 — Spectacular Strings
All sessions run from 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to noon. Tickets are $5 for children, $7 for adults. Walk-ups are welcomed, but space is limited. Order your tickets online at http://www.rockfordsymphony.com/education/concert.asp or call (815) 965-0049 to make reservations.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013