- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Rockford Symphony Orchestra has new program for children
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Symphony Orchestra is introducing a new program designed to engage children ages 5 to 10 and their parents in learning about woodwind, percussion, brass and string instruments.
Each performance, presented by RSO musicians, will introduce one of the four instrument families with a demonstration and performance. Afterwards, families will adjourn to Discovery Center classrooms for a hands-on activity reinforcing the information shared by the musicians.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, Feb. 9 — Powerful Percussion
Saturday, March 23 — Bodacious Brass
Saturday, April 20 — Spectacular Strings
All sessions run from 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to noon. Tickets are $5 for children, $7 for adults. Walk-ups are welcomed, but space is limited. Order your tickets online at http://www.rockfordsymphony.com/education/concert.asp or call (815) 965-0049 to make reservations.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013