- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
SoundBites offers talks with guest musicians at RSO
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra again offers its lunchtime series, “SoundBites,” for people who would like to get to know musicians better. The next one is scheduled from noon to 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club, 5151 Guilford Road, Rockford. Guest speaker will be Charlie Albright, pianist.
SoundBites, sponsored by the RSO’s Allegro League, has become a tradition for many RSO concert goers. Join Music Director Steven Larsen for informal and enlightening discussions with the guest artists appearing with the RSO on Classics Series concerts.
SoundBites talks are free and begin at noon on each Friday before the Classics performances. The conversations last approximately 60 minutes. Participants have the option to order lunch from the club menu (cash or check only, please).
Walk-ups are welcomed, but RSVPs are recommended by calling (815) 965-0049.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013