- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
SoundBites offers talks with guest musicians at RSO
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra again offers its lunchtime series, “SoundBites,” for people who would like to get to know musicians better. The next one is scheduled from noon to 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club, 5151 Guilford Road, Rockford. Guest speaker will be Charlie Albright, pianist.
SoundBites, sponsored by the RSO’s Allegro League, has become a tradition for many RSO concert goers. Join Music Director Steven Larsen for informal and enlightening discussions with the guest artists appearing with the RSO on Classics Series concerts.
SoundBites talks are free and begin at noon on each Friday before the Classics performances. The conversations last approximately 60 minutes. Participants have the option to order lunch from the club menu (cash or check only, please).
Walk-ups are welcomed, but RSVPs are recommended by calling (815) 965-0049.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013