- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
SoundBites offers talks with guest musicians at RSO
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra again offers its lunchtime series, “SoundBites,” for people who would like to get to know musicians better. The next one is scheduled from noon to 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club, 5151 Guilford Road, Rockford. Guest speaker will be Charlie Albright, pianist.
SoundBites, sponsored by the RSO’s Allegro League, has become a tradition for many RSO concert goers. Join Music Director Steven Larsen for informal and enlightening discussions with the guest artists appearing with the RSO on Classics Series concerts.
SoundBites talks are free and begin at noon on each Friday before the Classics performances. The conversations last approximately 60 minutes. Participants have the option to order lunch from the club menu (cash or check only, please).
Walk-ups are welcomed, but RSVPs are recommended by calling (815) 965-0049.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013