- AG’s, comptroller’s offices to meet in court Tuesday
- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
SoundBites offers talks with guest musicians at RSO
Online Staff Report
Rockford Symphony Orchestra again offers its lunchtime series, “SoundBites,” for people who would like to get to know musicians better. The next one is scheduled from noon to 1 p.m., Friday, Feb. 8, at Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Country Club, 5151 Guilford Road, Rockford. Guest speaker will be Charlie Albright, pianist.
SoundBites, sponsored by the RSO’s Allegro League, has become a tradition for many RSO concert goers. Join Music Director Steven Larsen for informal and enlightening discussions with the guest artists appearing with the RSO on Classics Series concerts.
SoundBites talks are free and begin at noon on each Friday before the Classics performances. The conversations last approximately 60 minutes. Participants have the option to order lunch from the club menu (cash or check only, please).
Walk-ups are welcomed, but RSVPs are recommended by calling (815) 965-0049.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013