- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference at Midway Village Feb. 11
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension will co-host the 17th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference on Monday, Feb. 11, at Midway Village Museum in Rockford. The cost to attend is $40 per person or $50 for late registration (after Feb.7). Registration includes two general education sessions, attendee’s choice of four breakout sessions, continental breakfast and lunch.
Speakers represent University of Illinois Extension, University of Wisconsin-Extension, and Purdue University Extension. The keynote speaker is Liz Maynard, Extension Specialist with Purdue University, who will address last year’s cantaloupe contamination in Indiana — how it happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Other sessions include insect and disease control for fruits and vegetables, use of high tunnels, organic soil amendments, drought issues, crop storage, produce safety tips and more.
The Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is for both the experienced and beginner farmer, the conventional and organic grower, and those with many acres as well as the small-scale market grower. Sessions will provide research-based information and best practices from Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue University Extension Services.
To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County office at (815) 986-4357.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is co-sponsored by the University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013