- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference at Midway Village Feb. 11
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension will co-host the 17th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference on Monday, Feb. 11, at Midway Village Museum in Rockford. The cost to attend is $40 per person or $50 for late registration (after Feb.7). Registration includes two general education sessions, attendee’s choice of four breakout sessions, continental breakfast and lunch.
Speakers represent University of Illinois Extension, University of Wisconsin-Extension, and Purdue University Extension. The keynote speaker is Liz Maynard, Extension Specialist with Purdue University, who will address last year’s cantaloupe contamination in Indiana — how it happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Other sessions include insect and disease control for fruits and vegetables, use of high tunnels, organic soil amendments, drought issues, crop storage, produce safety tips and more.
The Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is for both the experienced and beginner farmer, the conventional and organic grower, and those with many acres as well as the small-scale market grower. Sessions will provide research-based information and best practices from Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue University Extension Services.
To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County office at (815) 986-4357.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is co-sponsored by the University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013