- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference at Midway Village Feb. 11
Online Staff Report
University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension will co-host the 17th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference on Monday, Feb. 11, at Midway Village Museum in Rockford. The cost to attend is $40 per person or $50 for late registration (after Feb.7). Registration includes two general education sessions, attendee’s choice of four breakout sessions, continental breakfast and lunch.
Speakers represent University of Illinois Extension, University of Wisconsin-Extension, and Purdue University Extension. The keynote speaker is Liz Maynard, Extension Specialist with Purdue University, who will address last year’s cantaloupe contamination in Indiana — how it happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Other sessions include insect and disease control for fruits and vegetables, use of high tunnels, organic soil amendments, drought issues, crop storage, produce safety tips and more.
The Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is for both the experienced and beginner farmer, the conventional and organic grower, and those with many acres as well as the small-scale market grower. Sessions will provide research-based information and best practices from Illinois, Wisconsin and Purdue University Extension Services.
To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call U of I Extension-Winnebago County office at (815) 986-4357.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference is co-sponsored by the University of Illinois Extension and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Posted Feb. 6, 2013