- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
Disney Channel star at Riverfront Museum Park Feb. 17
Radio Disney AM 1300 Chicago, part of the No. 1 radio network for kids, tweens and families, hosts a special Radio Disney Live event with Disney XD and Disney Channel star Leo Howard (Kickin’ It/Shake It Up) at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, Sunday, Feb. 17.
Fans can get up close and personal with Howard during a hosted meet-and-greet session. Wristands for the meet-and-greet will be distributed at 10 a.m. The Radio Disney AM 1300 Road Crew will also provide interactive entertainment and prizes.
Howard is a world-class martial artist who stars as Jack, a natural-born leader who teaches a group of neighborhood goofballs about life, karate and how to just plain kick it, in the Disney XD comedy series Kickin’ It. He also played a recurring role on Disney Channel’s hit dance comedy series Shake It Up.
A devoted Bruce Lee fan, Howard began studying martial arts at the age of 5, and two years later, picked up extreme martial arts, adding gymnastics to his routine. Howard’s martial arts skills helped launch his acting career and landed him a guest appearance on Monk, and the role of Young Snake Eyes in the feature film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, where he performed all of his own stunts.
From the Feb. 13-19, 2013, issue