- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Disney Channel star at Riverfront Museum Park Feb. 17
Radio Disney AM 1300 Chicago, part of the No. 1 radio network for kids, tweens and families, hosts a special Radio Disney Live event with Disney XD and Disney Channel star Leo Howard (Kickin’ It/Shake It Up) at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, Sunday, Feb. 17.
Fans can get up close and personal with Howard during a hosted meet-and-greet session. Wristands for the meet-and-greet will be distributed at 10 a.m. The Radio Disney AM 1300 Road Crew will also provide interactive entertainment and prizes.
Howard is a world-class martial artist who stars as Jack, a natural-born leader who teaches a group of neighborhood goofballs about life, karate and how to just plain kick it, in the Disney XD comedy series Kickin’ It. He also played a recurring role on Disney Channel’s hit dance comedy series Shake It Up.
A devoted Bruce Lee fan, Howard began studying martial arts at the age of 5, and two years later, picked up extreme martial arts, adding gymnastics to his routine. Howard’s martial arts skills helped launch his acting career and landed him a guest appearance on Monk, and the role of Young Snake Eyes in the feature film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, where he performed all of his own stunts.
From the Feb. 13-19, 2013, issue