- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Disney Channel star at Riverfront Museum Park Feb. 17
Radio Disney AM 1300 Chicago, part of the No. 1 radio network for kids, tweens and families, hosts a special Radio Disney Live event with Disney XD and Disney Channel star Leo Howard (Kickin’ It/Shake It Up) at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, Sunday, Feb. 17.
Fans can get up close and personal with Howard during a hosted meet-and-greet session. Wristands for the meet-and-greet will be distributed at 10 a.m. The Radio Disney AM 1300 Road Crew will also provide interactive entertainment and prizes.
Howard is a world-class martial artist who stars as Jack, a natural-born leader who teaches a group of neighborhood goofballs about life, karate and how to just plain kick it, in the Disney XD comedy series Kickin’ It. He also played a recurring role on Disney Channel’s hit dance comedy series Shake It Up.
A devoted Bruce Lee fan, Howard began studying martial arts at the age of 5, and two years later, picked up extreme martial arts, adding gymnastics to his routine. Howard’s martial arts skills helped launch his acting career and landed him a guest appearance on Monk, and the role of Young Snake Eyes in the feature film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, where he performed all of his own stunts.
From the Feb. 13-19, 2013, issue