- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Disney Channel star at Riverfront Museum Park Feb. 17
Radio Disney AM 1300 Chicago, part of the No. 1 radio network for kids, tweens and families, hosts a special Radio Disney Live event with Disney XD and Disney Channel star Leo Howard (Kickin’ It/Shake It Up) at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, Sunday, Feb. 17.
Fans can get up close and personal with Howard during a hosted meet-and-greet session. Wristands for the meet-and-greet will be distributed at 10 a.m. The Radio Disney AM 1300 Road Crew will also provide interactive entertainment and prizes.
Howard is a world-class martial artist who stars as Jack, a natural-born leader who teaches a group of neighborhood goofballs about life, karate and how to just plain kick it, in the Disney XD comedy series Kickin’ It. He also played a recurring role on Disney Channel’s hit dance comedy series Shake It Up.
A devoted Bruce Lee fan, Howard began studying martial arts at the age of 5, and two years later, picked up extreme martial arts, adding gymnastics to his routine. Howard’s martial arts skills helped launch his acting career and landed him a guest appearance on Monk, and the role of Young Snake Eyes in the feature film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, where he performed all of his own stunts.
From the Feb. 13-19, 2013, issue