- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Local musicians present Climate Crossroads concert Feb. 16
Online Staff Report
David Stocker, Ron Holm and Christopher Sims will present a Climate Crossroads — 350.org concert event beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 16, at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Sixth Street and Third Avenue, Rockford.
According to a press release for the event: “We are at a critical point in human history. The choice we make now at this crossroads will determine the world the children and grandchildren will inherit. Do you want your legacy to be that of helping to change our trajectory? Join us for our the inaugural event of a Rockford movement to create meaningful change.
“The evening will cover the straight facts, but also be filled with music, poetry, 350.org videos, laughter and creativity. As Einstein famously said, ‘The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.’ We will meet this challenge with science AND creativity.”
Admission is free. The event is being held in solidarity with a massive national demonstration the next day in Washington, D.C.
Posted Feb. 13, 2013