- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Local musicians present Climate Crossroads concert Feb. 16
Online Staff Report
David Stocker, Ron Holm and Christopher Sims will present a Climate Crossroads — 350.org concert event beginning at 7 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 16, at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Sixth Street and Third Avenue, Rockford.
According to a press release for the event: “We are at a critical point in human history. The choice we make now at this crossroads will determine the world the children and grandchildren will inherit. Do you want your legacy to be that of helping to change our trajectory? Join us for our the inaugural event of a Rockford movement to create meaningful change.
“The evening will cover the straight facts, but also be filled with music, poetry, 350.org videos, laughter and creativity. As Einstein famously said, ‘The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.’ We will meet this challenge with science AND creativity.”
Admission is free. The event is being held in solidarity with a massive national demonstration the next day in Washington, D.C.
Posted Feb. 13, 2013